I just returned from a 5 day ski vacation with the beau, brother and sister and sister beau, and daddy. We had an AMAZING time and was one of the best trips EVER! Not only did everyone have an absolute blast but I got an early surprise Christmas gift.....
TA-DA!!
I AM ENGAGED!!!!!!
I am beyond thrilled and so excited! Cory is the most amazing man I could ever ask for and he is without question my other half. He is all of the things any girl would hope to come from their better half and so much more I never even thought to ask for :)
Our Story...
(I love it)
As I said we have been skiing this past week and our first day was Demeber 18th. This was my second trip to the SolVista Basin and Cory's first so he wanted to try his hand at snow boarding before making the decision to switch to skis.
He was having a very hard time making it down his first run and my dad had already lapped us twice and I was getting quite frustrated, just wanted to get down the mountain so we could switch to skis and he could enjoy himself more. But nonetheless, I was patient and let him continue trying until he felt that he had done his best and could be satisfied with making the switch. Well at one point when he took a tumble, he was fed up and just wanted to sit on the side of the run for a break as he was exhausted! So after a few minutes he gets up to helps me up and is still holding onto my hand and starts crying.
side note: I had ABSOLUTELY no idea this was coming. I had mentioned to my best friend (who already knew) that I thought this might be the Christmas and she told Cory who then put on a great act of telling me how he did not want me to be disappointed but that this just wasn't going to the Christmas it would happen.
So he is looking at me and holding my hand and crying and I am thinking it is just from exhaustion and frustration and I grin a little and think, "baby it's okay, we will make it down the mountain eventually." LOL and then I see him start reaching in his pocket! I am SHOCKED!
"really? really? ARE YOU SERIOUS?"
He gets down on one knee and asks me to make him the happiest man for the rest of his life and of course I say "YES!!"
People are passing by and quietly watching our exchange and we hug and kiss and it was PERFECT!
Afterwards, I ask him to please take the snowboard off so we can walk down the mountain together.
So this being said, I am transitioning this blog to a wedding blog. I am absolutely beyond excited and am so blessed with this man God has matched me with.
No comments:
Post a Comment